rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifter's Lounge

Lifter's Lounge

Steroids.

Given the subject of the thread, this topic was to be broached eventually, so may as well start it off early.

I am not encouraging or denouncing steroid usage, and I do not and have not–to date–use them myself.

However, I have been lifting since I was 16 (32 now) and have been workout with a personal trainer for the past year, and the most useful thing that I've learned in that time, is to make informed judgements and decisions before "jumping in with both feet". ...(fucking bro-science. AMIRITE?! [Image: tard.gif])

Anyway, Here is an informative study that I came across on steroid usage.

To summarize.

This 10 week study took a group of 43 men of normal body weight between the ages of 19 and 40 who all had some degree of weight training experience. These men were then split up into 4 different groups:

The first group did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (No exercise, natural group.)
The second group did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (No exercise, steroid use group.)
The third group DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Exercise, natural group.)
The fourth group DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Exercise, steroid use group.)

All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

Meaning, with the exception of the fact that some groups were or were not weight training, and some were or were not using drugs… everything else (diet and training) was equal and even.

Here is what they found...

No exercise, natural group: experienced no significant changes. ...duh
No exercise, steroid use group: was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. ...7 pounds of muscle?!?!
Exercise, natural group: was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
Exercise, steroid use group: was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.

What does this mean?
Well.. I can not and would not presume to advise you personally, so hopefully you can think for yourselves. It also never hurts to seek out the advice of some reputable person(s) who have made their career in this field and WHO HAVE ACHIEVED WHAT YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE.

What I will be doing is holding off on steroid use and just pushing myself and my workouts harder until I reach a real plateau *see fuckarounditis–IMHO the 4 pounds of muscle over 10 weeks, that was gained by the "Exercise, natural group" in the study is really nothing to scoff at [Image: undecided.gif]–or until I get older and start to see a marked decline on my energy and returns in the gym.

TM

Messages In This Thread