rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

That "Come To Jesus Moment"

That "Come To Jesus Moment"

Just had one with my current day job employers.
To make it short, I do cold call sales for an industrial maintenance company. Have been doing it for the past 18 months. My numbers have been adequate, outstanding when you consider the constraints I work under (owners taking all the phone-in leads, competition from other companies, stores which only deal at the corporate level, etc.), but I knew what I was up against when I started.
Last month I finally got full control of my own company and started devoting my energy toward it. Since then, my sales for the day job have gone south. But I can't make enough money, yet, off my company to pay the bills, so I need the daytime gig. And I was sick of the lousy base I was getting from my daytime company.
So today the owners of the daytime gig pulled me aside and wanted to "discuss ways to help me improve". Been through this drill before and it means: get the fucking numbers up or hit the bricks. To my credit, I was cool and didn't quit on the spot, but told them I would try to come up with some ideas of my own.
As I see it I can:
A) Quit and go full throttle on my company, hoping I don't end up on the street.
OR:
B) Tell my day job that I'll get the numbers up, but they'll have to implement some things I want to see happen.
C) Go find another daytime job.
If I do (A) I essentially burn all bridges behind me and hope the Aztecs haven't figured out gunpowder.
If I do (B) I can keep some $$$ flowing in till I get my company up to where it can support me. This assumes they're willing to meet me half way on what I want done.
If I do ©, I can get out the daytime mess I'm in, but would still be working for someone else.
So any advice of the professionals out there I would appreciate. Just keep it serious.

Messages In This Thread