rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Software Engineers?

Any Software Engineers?

I'm a software engineer. Why are using any paid service, my friend? You could be focusing on everything you need for free.

For me, I started off in HTML, CSS, PERL, and PHP. Don't give PERL a second thought since it's antiquated in modern day but definitely do keep PHP in mind. Anything like W3Schools (http://www.w3schools.com) should help you learn. I'd focus on your CSS and PHP mostly since CSS (front-end) and PHP (back-end) are quite often the most-requested languages. If they aren't the most-requested they're usually on the list of things the client wants you to know.

There are all kinds of great PHP tutorials you can find on-line for free and even the main PHP Manual has great resources. Google the hell out of "PHP tutorials", "HTML tutorials", and "CSS tutorials" and you should be good to go.

Of course, if you're not a web-based software engineer you'll want to look into "java software engineer", "c# software engineer", and maybe "c++ software engineer" depending on your programming language of choice.

Feel free to PM me with questions. I've been a dev for 18 years and I'm always happy to answer questions when I'm around.

-Hawk

Software engineer. Part-time Return of Kings contributor, full-time dickhead.

Bug me on Twitter and read my most recent substantial article: Regrets

Last Return of Kings article: An Insider's Guide to the Masculine Profession of Software Development

Messages In This Thread