rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Inside New York’s new playpen for millionaires

Inside New York’s new playpen for millionaires

Is this satire? It literally reads like an updated version of the vapid and pretentious social scenes from American Psycho.

I mean look at this shit:

Quote:Quote:

A suited, bushy-haired Hains slaps his buddy high-five and then, for good measure, slaps Sushko on the behind.

“Leo [DiCaprio], Dylan McDermott, Maxwell, the guy from the Strokes . . . countless others. They’ve all been here,” says Beautique managing director Frank Roberts, who previously managed Gramercy Park Hotel’s Rose Bar, known for its tough door and free-range models.

“Every time we’ve come here, there have always been many, many beautiful women,” says 37-year-old Rudy Gofman, who was recently holding court in a corner booth with his wife, Eka, and former USA soccer player Cobi Jones.

“She used to be a model,” says Gofman of the missus.

“Now I’m housewife,” chimes in the Ukrainian stunner.

“If anyone looks the part — good-looking, upscale, classy, A-list — they’re more than welcome,” explains Evans, 47, who guards the normally touristy stretch like it’s the hottest downtown block in NYC.

Those brave enough to wiggle their way through the kitchen’s tiny corridor will be greeted by a dimly lit “secret” lounge with stools clad in Jean Paul Gaultier silk upholstery. Everyone from models Iman and Joan Smalls to movie honcho Harvey Weinstein and chef Eric Ripert have been spotted there.

“I think Beautique is upscale and goes in line with who I am: elegant and sophisticated,” says birthday boy Alexander, who hosted Douglas Elliman president Howard Lorber and Sir Ivan Wilzig, who throws raucous parties at his infamous Hamptons “castle.”

“We met a couple of years ago in church,” Bojaj says of her friends.

“No, no,” corrects Samove, in a red, body-hugging dress and matching Celine bag.

“I thought at church, no? Oh, OK, at Lavo,” clarifies Bojaj, in a black sequined frock with a matching black sequined Chanel purse.

“We’re going to the Hamptons for the Fourth of July and then South of France, so …,” Rosetti says with a shrug.

“It feels like how my parents described the Playboy Club back in the day,” says Lee, who recently sat next to Kim Kardashian’s bestie and E! star Jonathan Cheban at dinner.

“I love it there,” says Lee. “It’s a very pretentious place.”

Is the high end NYC social scene really like this? Truly revolting. These people seem about as likeable as toenail fungus.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Messages In This Thread