rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deep friendships / Friendship groups

Deep friendships / Friendship groups

I always figured this forum would be full of guys like this, cause that's how I am.

I'm a one man crew anymore. Didn't use to be, but the more self reliant I become, the more I feel like consistent, multiple times per week type social groups hold you back.

I can go out alone, I can cook, I lift alone, I don't need a group to do what makes me happy.

I never have a group of more than one or two consistent friends because
the only time I hang out with someone regularly is when they are bettering me or I have taken an active interest in bettering them. Imparting knowledge, skill sets, or valuable memories.

Large groups will inevitably have a member who lags behind in some aspect and I have little tolerance for behavior I deem inadequate.

I guess it's that I treat everyone like I treat women, if we aren't seeing 100% eye to eye, if you've became more trouble than benefit, if you're allowing your existence to stagnate, or if I'm simply bored of our primary form of interaction I next em.

OP, don't feel bad about not having a large social group.
The comfort and complacency of always having a crew does not outweigh the negatives of comfort, complacency, and the dependency they breed.

And besides, you do have a group of like minded people to talk to on a regular basis....
The good people here at RVF.

(if you're in the midwest send a PM, always down to chill with like minded folks if you're nearby)

Messages In This Thread