rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I need guidance

I need guidance

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read the thread. I'd appreciate any insight and advice you could offer as I don't have anyone in my circle that I can turn to in these matters.

I visited a gym today and want to join, but I'm not sure if it's right for me.
To clarify, I haven't visited a gym since I was in college 6 years ago. I stay in shape by doing Judo twice a week and by working in construction.
It's called Nuffield Health (UK based.) The facilities seemed satisfactory with strength-based training room, multi-purpose gym, pool, sauna and probably a few other things I didn't see.
It seemed a little under-staffed - there was only one person on customer service and reception was manned by a lifeguard. Took a little while to get hold of someone who could show me the ropes.
I arrived at 12:30 and was about finished by 2:30.
30 minutes on the ski machine - 2.51 km, varying resistance with a 5 minute cool down. 3 sets of 15 reps starting with shoulder press followed by rear deltoids and ending with chest presses. Ended with a 10 minute 0.8 km treadmill run.
My ultimate goal is to build mass, ideally through bodybuilding. Is this a good starting point or am I heading in the wrong direction?
Also, it seemed a little pricey at £56 per month. They do throw in a personal workout and health MOT if you go for a subscription.

Messages In This Thread