rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traveling Europe Q&A

Traveling Europe Q&A

Quote: (07-22-2011 12:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I like the strong start:

"if anyone has any questions about the best ways to travel, where to go, what to see, etc feel free to ask."

Then the airball:

"I would also advise anyone under the age of 35 to ONLY stay in hostels."

And then another:

" at any decent hostel they organize pub crawls within the hostel and just about everyone goes." (Sounds about as much fun as knee surgery).

" I also found Eastern Europe to be the cheapest, funnest and it also had the MOST amazing women."

Now we are on to something.

Where did you go?

What was best?

Break it down.

I was more giving some tips, but here are the answers you requested.

Best Cities
Paris Contrary to what most people say the Parisians are actually really friendly people. However attempting any french with a Parisian will definitely ensure a better relationship. The locals just want to hear you attempt the language even it is as simple as "Bonjour (Hello) or "Je Prend (Ill have...)." The girls here are also gorgeous and there are endless things to do at night. On the Champ des Elysses there are plenty of posh, chic clubs that are actually reasonably priced, unlike everything else here. Also if you are into high end fashion there are big name designer shows you can actually get tickets to. You can also head down to the St. Michel area where everyone just grabs a few bottles of wine and drinks by the river (great place to meet groups of girls). The food here is also amazing, but it doesnt always come cheap. However, compared to the rest of Europe I wouldnt say Paris prices are significantly higher unlike London or any city in Switzerland.

Prague Dirt cheap, you can live like a real king here if you are willing to just drop a little cash. Bottle service at a lot of clubs is around 65 euros for 1L. It should also be noted that tipping the bartender goes a long way (if you tip the bartender will typically throw a few drinks your way for just 5 euros (125 krones). If you like pubs there are plenty serving beer for just under 1 euro, so its easy to get drunk. There are also these huge pub crawls that cost around 15 euro and you go to 3 pubs and then a 5 story night club. You get way more than your moneys worth here. Tons of historic sights if you like that, apparently the city used to be underground so you can take a tour of the old prague. Also super easy to get weed, its like Amsterdam here. Just ask reception and they will point you in the right direction.

Vienna They have a club here called Flex which boasts the largest sound system in Eastern Europe. It is fucking amazing and the Austrian women are absolutely gorgeous and extremely outgoing. I went out 4 nights in Vienna and 3/4 me and 2 friends from the hostel all got pussy. Pretty city, lots to see (Mozarts House, Chateaus, etc)

Zermatt The absolute best hiking in Europe. I love to hike, rock climb and if you enjoy it this is the place to be. I would hike up to the Matterhorn base camp and the views and countryside are absolutely amazing. The people at hostels here are extremely outgoing and you will almost always meet others that want to tag along for a long hike. I met the most beautiful girl here and we decided to take part in a long 8 hour hike and it was just fantastic and we even ended up traveling together for a few days after. Really interesting people here, would say the people here are the best.

Messages In This Thread