rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Summer Money

Summer Money

Quote: (05-05-2014 05:49 PM)Renberg Wrote:  

It sucks to be in an industry where finding a paid internship is near impossible.

This is generally a sign that the career path you have chosen will lead to a perpetual struggle to find meaningful work. "Unpaid internships" implies that way too many kids are graduating into a field with very few jobs. Companies have so many applicants and can get free labour out of kids simply because the young students and graduates are so desperate to put something relevant on their resumes that they will do it for free.

It's heartwarming to see you are following your dreams of being a film maker/writer but I would suggest reading as much as you can on the forum with regards to how the real world works- notice how many guys are posting on oil industry and trade work threads? That is because the work and big bucks are there...

Anyways, that's just something to consider as you work towards a relatively useless degree in film or writing. I was about your age when I read Aaron Clarey's book 'Useless' and it really changed my outlook on the direction my life was going- consider giving it a read.

Messages In This Thread