rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

May 2014 - Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Krakow, Riga and Kiev

May 2014 - Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Krakow, Riga and Kiev

@ Orson: Hemingway is exactly what I was feeling with this man versus himself dilemma. Props for recognizing it. Lviv, as a back up option to Kiev did cross my mind given the info provided by Debauchary and OldNemises. Lviv almost bordering Poland is a real plus for safety check. Only problem is, I will not be able to stay long in any one city hence further internal conflict since action must be real quick.

I am 6'1", 185lbs, above average looks, knows how to turn on the charm, dresses well and money is a non-issue, however I do not have the luxury of time. Thank you for your insight and suggestions.

Quote: (05-04-2014 08:54 AM)Orson Wrote:  

Quote: (05-03-2014 10:14 PM)3z3z Wrote:  

@ TripleG: Thanks for the suggestion. I agree, going to Kiev is not a good idea right now. Had a dream list of cities to hit after returning from an amazing adventure in Brazil and Kiev went on and off the list a few times due to the concerns you raised, with the hope things simmered down. The maxim, play smart to party another day comes to mind and is certainly the right decision. The not so rational side of this man versus himself dialogue is pointing out: Dude, you are so close and it cannot be the epic trip without Kiev; It is Kiev. The talent, apparently being off the charts, justifies a stealth entry and exit to test waters for a longer excursion in the future, besides all the drama is to the far far east and far south; etc. That said, both Vilnius and Tallin were alternate options, which is nothing to shake a stick at, so once again, I think I am on the right track given your suggestions. Thank you.

Give yourself a Kiev bailout option (in case of escalating conflict) - Lviv. It's not yet been affected by the Ukraine turmoil, but local costs have dropped (because of falling currency values). It's really too far away to be drawn into it (save for civic protests).

Do Krakow the Lviv.

But then maybe you ought to don your Hemingway helmet and go to Kiev anyway?

Messages In This Thread