rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is There a Biological Reason Men Shame Other Men for Taste in Women?

Is There a Biological Reason Men Shame Other Men for Taste in Women?

It's a natural male desire to compete. To feel validated about their own life decisions by subtly (or not so) taking down some other guy's point of view and/or actions.

To me, I just laugh it off. Try this: when you're with a guy state a quality dish you like to make. Chances are, he may retort by (maybe) replying to what you said, but I bet he'll mention his own favorite dish...which is a sly way of trying to one up you. It'd be better if the man in this scenario would not feel threatened and instead just shared his input on the dish at hand, like any other normal conversati

Now, take this idea and put it to when a guy says something like, "I just hooked up with this amazing new girl." He's happy and excited to share the story to his buddy...and the buddy will probably reply with his own recent victories or try to talk up his own game skills.

Just be aware of it, don't take it personally, smile quietly and don't make a fuss. Some men just need to boast. If they truly try to bring down your action or the girls you find appealling, then they're not someone of character worthy for a long-term friendship. Friends support each other, they don't try to one-up each other continually. That just gets exhausting.

"Desserts are like mistresses. They are bad for you. So if you are having one, you might as well have two." - Alain Ducasse

Messages In This Thread