rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Las Vegas - Labor day weekend

Las Vegas - Labor day weekend

Quote: (07-01-2011 10:48 AM)kimleebj Wrote:  

That's exactly the problem. Your link explains it is legal to carry any amount of cash within the U.S., but some ignorant TSA people will hassle you anyway, even for lesser amounts.

If you ever been hassled by TSA, stay calm and ask for a supervisor. Those entry-level people only receive minimum training, and do not know all the rules. Their supervisor, however, does.

A couple years ago I was flying to Ontario with my parachute in carry on. Got a dirty look from a machine operator, told her this is a sport parachute. She said I cannot carry it to the airplane, and must check it in. Asked her to call the supervisor, who came in three minutes, looked on it and told her, "so what? yeah, it is legal". He even made a quick seminar out of it showing other TSA agents how a parachute looks when it goes through the X-ray machine. No problems at all.

Quote:Quote:

My broader point is that affluent people use credit cards and checks, not "wads of cash". Outside Vegas it gets difficult to spend $100 bills.

Checks???
The only people I have seen using checks for regular purchases (i.e. in stores, restaurants etc) here in US were really old grandmas. Never heard or seen anyone actually using checks in Europe either, people there mostly use cash and debit cards (and direct debit for bank transfers).

And even in US I always carry money in $100 bills as they take less space. Never had any issues with them, even in shitty dive bars everyone is happy to accept it.

Messages In This Thread