rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Supplementing Your Income with Side Hustles - $15,000 US a year

Supplementing Your Income with Side Hustles - ,000 US a year

Quote: (04-06-2014 11:12 AM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2014 12:18 PM)nomansland Wrote:  

Quote: (04-05-2014 09:25 AM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

The link isn't working for me but happy to comment if you can paste in text or send over a different link.

Not sure why it is not working. It works fine for me when I click through the link. Here is the entire url, the page loads a bit slow.
http://rhystate.com/so-i-hear-you-want-t...ion-ebook/

I was at my day job and tethering internet from my phone so maybe that's why it wouldn't load. Just got on to check it out. Actually a pretty good informative page with many subpages on most topics you would need to know to publish.

I'll be honest alot of that stuff I didn't know despite having published about 6 ebooks. I found a free template for ebooks which basically sets up your title pages, table of contents which automatically formats so that when they click a chapter it automatically takes them to that chapter. ALso has the copyright info on every page and all that jazz. My first ebook was simply a word file turned into a pdf and uploaded but I've since been using these templates and they work out well.

Alot of my ebooks cross promote a website or product of mine while still staying within amazon TOS. I've done some presss releases and bought some fiverr gigs to have people tweet my books or leave reviews but honestly don't put that much time into promoting them I have too much other stuff going on. I do try to run amazon speicals like the free book giveaway which can get you on the top seller list and then when the free promo goes away you still got that exposure and can get sales. I also do the countdown deals where its say 99 cents first day, 1.99 second, 2.99 third and then back to origional price.

There's a lot of debate whether to join the matchbook program or that other program name is slipping my mind but where you give amazon exclusive righhts to the book and in turn people with prime can borrow your book and you get a small payment out of a pool. I havn't decided if its best to join those or not.

I just recently started considering taking my books out of that exclusive amazon program and offering them on the nook and other platforms. I never considered it before as I figured Amazon was ebay and the rest were like ubid and crappy sites with no traffic but I hear some people saying they do better on the barnses and noble nook platform so considering adding my books there.

I'd recommend not buying reviews, every purchased review Ive had trying to kickstart things has eventually been taken down as I imagine these people dont use personal accounts with real reviews but garbage accounts with all sold reviews.

Always wondered what it'd be like to publish something... thanks for the insight, will be sure to use it to get something going.

Messages In This Thread