rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get a job as a python (or any other language) developer

How to get a job as a python (or any other language) developer

Quote: (03-25-2014 11:57 PM)berserk Wrote:  

Question: I am going to learn jQuery/Javascript next I think, because it has a quicker application for my current sites, but should I learn Javascript first or go straight to jQuery? There is conflicting advice here. Most seem to say learn Javascript first because it is the foundation, but others who definitely seem knowledgeable say it isn't necessary for practical purposes anymore than learning C to learn PHP.

What do you think?
I'd say jump straight into jquery. Jquery is very easy to understand and there are shitloads of examples everywhere. By learning jquery you are also learning javascript on the side. Jquery is just a javascript library, keep that in mind. When you are comfortable with the syntax and how everything works, it's not a huge leap over to pure javascript; you just keep the documentations at hand and see how the methods work.

I'm probably going to learn angularJS or backbone next. They seem to be very popular atm.

Messages In This Thread