rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying a Jet

Buying a Jet

Quote: (02-12-2014 03:18 PM)DaveR Wrote:  

Gringuito, based on your other posts, I don't think you're the kind of guy who would fly privately just to show off... So, I guess you must see a lot of practical advantages in travelling that way. Do you prefer it because you fly obscure routes, or is it more to do with the inconvenience of airports and scheduling?

I ask because I know a couple of guys who could definitely afford it, but they still choose to fly commercially. They also spend around 150h/year as you do.

It's really both. I have a place in Miami so flying commercial here isn't bad. But I also have places near my family (they are spread out) where the closest commercial airport is a 1 1/2 hour away. Add to that the security lines and getting in/out and you can waste quite a bit of a day just getting where you want. Also, it works out great for family gatherings. When it's cold up north I fly them down to me here in SoFL for long weekends.

I still fly commercial when the plane is down for maintenance or the pilots have time off. It doesn't bother me at all.

Messages In This Thread