rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The United Kingdom really sucks?

The United Kingdom really sucks?

Quote: (06-06-2011 12:31 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I grew up in the UK, South London to be exact. I wouldn't go to any other part of UK personally as London was the most multicultural. Whenever I went to other parts of UK, I realised what it is like if one grows up as a minority. Never felt like a minority in London.

I don't want to go through your post point by point and you have made some valid observations. However, I will say that WHERE you stay in London makes a huge difference in your experiences. In reality, we might as well have been staying in two totally different cities. When I was in London, I stayed in Richmond upon Thames for a while, then right off High Street Kensington, then on the other side of Hyde Park in Bayswater. So, yes, my experience of staying in London would be nothing like that of someone who grew up in South London.

Whether it comes to eating out, shopping or clubbing, London beats Toronto many times over. Toronto just cannot compete, we are talking about different leagues.

If you are single person who wants to enjoy life and has the finances to afford it, London cannot be beat.

If you are a family type of guy who wants to settle down and live a regular life of commuting to work and having a big house in the suburbs, a yard etc., then Toronto or somewhere in Canada might be better for you.

But, for those of us on this board, and the lifestyle we have, or aspire to have, London is a great city.

Messages In This Thread