rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ukraine is on some other shit right now

Ukraine is on some other shit right now

Man, can't the Western press get off the "Ukraine wants democracy and to get closer to the EU" theme? That's the only line they peddle and I'd argue it's only 1/3 of the story at best (even if the EU trade agreement was a catalyst of sorts). I'm sick of seeing their lame coverage and analysis (or lack thereof) and how they say the same sh*t every day.

Pretty scary that CNN, the BBC, Fox News etc. all seem to have zero insights into the country. It strikes me as very odd that the forum seems to know more about what's going on over there than a bunch of (supposed) professional journalists. I think I've learned more about the situation from this thread and my various internet conversations with the Ukraine ladies I"m talking to + word of mouth than from any of the mainstream media outlets. WTF?

Also, it doesn't take much 'analysis' from the supposed journalists to figure out that the EU pretty much gave Ukraine a raw deal and not a lot of money, whereas Russia was like "ok here's $15b". It's really not too hard to figure out that money talks given how easily all the Western powers cozy up to XYZ dictator or corrupt, kleptocratic Islamic oil state. Or that the Western half of the country is pissed due to the language/Russian issues they have, or that a lot of the rioting is probably 'piling on' as much as it is making a statement.

Finally, the HUGE elephant in the room that very few seem to be talking about is the fact that the d@mn oligarchs pretty much de facto run the country. Nobody in the mainstream press is talking about that angle from what I've seen. Follow the money people it's not that hard. The corrupt oligarchs have ZERO incentive to 'open up the kimono' and disclose more of their and the country's doings that's for sure. They are fighting hard to keep the status quo given how much control they have and how much money they take out every year - why mess up the gravy train? More EU regulations, financial, social or otherwise, is definitely not what they want and would cramp their style. I guess at this point the situation is pretty out of hand bc the 'government' didn't handle it right, but I'm sure the financial powers that be are pretty circumspect re getting closer to the EU and "Western Standards" and they will increasingly have a lot more to say about it. Just my guess.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Messages In This Thread