rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ukraine is on some other shit right now

Ukraine is on some other shit right now

Quote: (01-22-2014 07:52 PM)DaveR Wrote:  

Quote: (01-22-2014 06:49 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

"Silly to note this, but I have worked with Ukrainians for 5 years and they have been some of the most productive people I have known. I am quite happy with the service I get at restaurants, bars and clubs (Odessa especially), which I will take over my native California any day"

NO not silly..but MOST of us who have been there find that hard to believe. Unless of course you are only hanging out in establishments that cater to tourists during tourist season.I can make a comedy satire of for SNL based on restaurants I have been to.(my wife is laughing at that customer service statement btw..she is Odessan).
I'll second that.

Quote: (01-22-2014 06:49 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Odessa has always been a Russian cultured city(with an international mix) ....but interestingly Odessan's put politics about Odessa before that of Ukraine! or Russia.
And that too. The cultures of Odessa and St. Petersburg don't align very much with those of other regions in their respective countries. Even the way women dress in St.P is different to the rest of the country.

I second that!
I once said Odessan's even have there own dress style. Both St. P and Odessa are unique from rest of FSU..leads to the snob factor unfortunately.

St. P was the city built to be a grand Opulent Western city in Russia. Odessa was the city built by foreigners to be a haven for undesirables and the weird. Interesting as Mark Twain notes..they copied the square block grid of NYC (the 5 points), A similar seaport town. Then they built buildings a la Paris(mayor was French).I think they vote on what ever puts MONEY in their pockets!

Messages In This Thread