rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Graduating with a social sciences degree-now what?

Graduating with a social sciences degree-now what?

Hi Guys,

I am graduating this year with a Political science/Political Economy degree from a top 25 US university and will have about 12k student loans (federal only). The school is not HPYSM level where I can get an entry level analyst position at Goldman (UVA level), but I'll likely be able to find something. Unfortunately, I am just not very good at math and have no interest in computer science. I have repeatedly tried to use Code Academy and other similar sites to start learning some HTML coding, but I just dont have that type of mind [Image: sad.gif]

That being said, I do have a stellar GPA and fabulous professor references for graduate programs. My original intention was to go to a top 6 law school and grind out the biglaw for a few years, then start my own thing.

What are some possible directions I could take at this point? My parents will not shell out for the MA/JD programs at all. Biglaw in 2014 just seems too risky....

My ultimate goal is to work in either Germany, France, Switzerland, or Austria. I have zero interest in any other places like Asia/Latin America. I love the history of Europe and loved traveling around European countries. I have high school level French.

1. Should I just give up learning programming if I just cannot do it? What are other alternatives that don't require any skill with HTML/coding? it seems that even running a blog requires HTML knowledge....

2. What are steps I can take now to facilitate obtaining a work visa ? (Family from Uruguay, cannot apply for the heritage VISAs)

3. Do you guys recommend that I look for jobs in Europe now or work on my credentials first?

4. For those of you with MBAs/PHD- How well does a top 10 degree fare in Europe when it comes to applying for a position requiring a Visa?

tldr: 22years old, social sciences degree (12k debt), want to live and work in European country. What steps should I take?

Messages In This Thread