rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone here own land?

Anyone here own land?

Quote: (12-07-2013 03:25 AM)GoodTimer Wrote:  

http://www.amazon.com/Investing-Land-Suc...im_sbs_b_3

I'm in the land business. The best land book that I know of is the link above. Getting into this is a life-long activity. Land does not have the liquidity of a stock market investment and will often take many years to show potential spectacular returns. One of the easier concepts i've always paid attention to is: Buy a home on 10 acres in the path of growth.

Overall, I'd say this is the best time to buy "investment land" (in the path of growth). The homebuilding slowdown has many land investors looking to make an exit.

What I described above is different from "farmland investment". Farmland is running strong during these times. It is very secure and an inflation hedge. Many consider farmland better than a government bond and prices have been rising accordingly over the past few years.

Marlon Brando told a friend of mine that he would hop in his car, drive east from LA on the 10 freeway and buy land where the buildings stopped. I guess it worked for him.

Messages In This Thread