rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1 Year Drinking Wagon Challenge for 2014
Year Drinking Wagon Challenge for 2014
I'm in on not drinking. I've been bartending for the first time ever and seeing how fucking stupid and how much money people piss away on the most generic stuff ever.

That's a good point.

As a binge drinker going out to bars, you "view" alcohol as a means to an end - getting trashed. You order the beer or mixed drink that's on special. You order rot gut spirits to shoot, and chug drinks mixed with sugary sodas and juices to help you get it down as quickly as possible with minimal gagging.

Moderate drinking is different.

I buy high quality booze, and enjoy it by savoring it slowly and methodically.

You might look at a $50 dollar bottle of Scotch, or a $30 bottle of Bourbon or good Tequila and think that's too expensive...but I'll buy that bottle and take months to finish it off at 1-2 drams a day. I have some bottles of scotch on my bar that are over 6 years old and a little less than half full. I have no desire ever to drink even half a bottle in a single session.

A 12 pack of high quality micro brew, at 2 a day, lasts 6 days - versus pounding out a case of Miller Lite in a single night.

I think BeyondBorders point here is key: "It isn't some attribute of liquor that makes giving it up hard; it's an attribute of the way you see liquor."

Messages In This Thread