rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1 Year Drinking Wagon Challenge for 2014
Year Drinking Wagon Challenge for 2014
I probably should've stayed out of this thread. Just reminds me how impossible this shit is for me.

I drink myself to sleep nightly. Whiskey. Straight. Been going on for the better part of a decade. I know I need to cut the shit out, and I've tried… but never last long. In the last 5 years, I doubt I've been sober for more than 2 straight days. I know it's killing me. I'm extremely high-functioning. I hold down a director-level position for a large creative firm and am a high-ranking chair member of a pretty influential industry association. I don't lie to myself and pretend that I wouldn't be even more functional if I cut the boozing out.

Any time I try to go a night or two without alcohol to "prove to myself I can do it"… I toss and turn all night, wake up covered in sweat, heart races, and have the most freaky nightmares you can imagine. DTs maybe? I don't know, but yeah, I would probably need some serious in-patient care to pull some shit like this off.

Good luck to those of you who can make this happen. I don't stand a chance. I'm not ready.

Messages In This Thread