rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone ever subscribed to Sovereign Man or TDV et al.?

Anyone ever subscribed to Sovereign Man or TDV et al.?

Thanks, everyone and Sean for the detailed advice. I found that other thread after having posted mine. (Sometimes it's better to search the forum via Google than its own search function.)

Quote: (11-28-2013 07:29 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Simon Black newsletter has solid info, at least the issues I checked out. But the info was more geared towards people with lots of money, who can invest a lot of coin to get second passports and so on.

Right. My next question, then: could anyone point me toward any resources on how to begin learning about business? I'm really ignorant on this front and most business or entrepreneurship books are justy a bunch of 'rah-rah, you can do it' waste of time or technical information like the legalities of incorporating. What I really need is a mentor who'd just let me watch what he does and explain things to me, but I have no wealthy family member or close family friend. I'm currently studying to take the actuarial exams, but as highly paid a job as that may be, I'd still never be truly free and (really) rich; I'm still busting my ass so I can sell my life to the highest bidder. I want to be independent and free.

Is the following true:

I have the impression there are two kind of entrepreneurs. One is the kind most think of. He had a "great idea" and started a business, people liked it, then he made money. An example of this would be, "the guy who invented this thing, and then he got rich."

The other kind simply enters a given market and makes money not by thinking of the next big thing, but by forming relationships, making deals, joint ventures, and investing. An example of this would be the two owners of the business to which I'm currently selling my life hours for too few dollars. They partnered, opened an insurance brokerage, and used their relationships to build it up. They did not "invent" anything or innovate, they simply got into a given field and started going at it.

Is this true? If so, how can I become the second type?

One more question. Whether I have money or not, some things I read (i.e. like the Simon Black guy), I wouldn't even know where to get started. For example, he speaks of buying foreign farmland. How the hell would I even know where to begin, what is and isn't good, or where I should look in the first place? How do you do these things, how do you get the know-how?

AB ANTIQUO, AB AETERNO

Messages In This Thread