rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stockholm Syndrome, Sweden

Stockholm Syndrome, Sweden

Quote: (11-24-2013 01:52 AM)yb13 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-24-2013 01:11 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (11-23-2013 05:42 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Feminist? Yes. But as a fellow forumer confirmed over a beer, "it's a different kind of feminism". Compared to San Fran or DC feminists, Swedish feminists still look and act feminine...

...Compared to American girl personalities, Swedish girls are a joy. They have equality and welfare, but are still feminine and sweet.

I had to emphasize this and it's a great point. Feminism in Anglo countries vs non-Anglo countries are two different animals. Snarky feminism of the Lindsay West variety doesn't seem to be significant outside the US/UK. Feminism in many other countries just means women want equal access to making money and equal respect and has nothing to do with ball-bashing and fighting gender roles(although Sweden seems to be at the forefront of fighting gender roles).

I'm not sure this is permanent though. Our feminists in the 60s were probably a lot like the non-Anglo feminists now. So in a few decades you may see Jezebel types popping up in Latin America and SE Asia.

Exactly what I was thinking...modern day feminism in the anglosphere is merely reprimanding men for being men while aiming to confiscate their rights for the sake of bitter ugly women not getting enough attention...exponentially different from the origination of wanting equal access to certain opportunities

Why do you think the Anglo countries' feminism has evolved (devolved!) into this?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Messages In This Thread