rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being an Internet denialist?

Being an Internet denialist?

Reading on here about Bitcoins and the like got me thinking. I'm really not an Internet person. I use it as a tool to find knowledge, whether for work or life, this forum being an excellent example. So to that extent I'm certainly not an internet denialist. That said, I often struggle to verbalise my thoughts and that was the title that popped into my head. [Image: undecided.gif]

Bitcoins, internet businesses, Facebook, smartphones, online dating, none of this interests me in the slightest. I can for sure see the potential, the benefits and the incentives to use such things. I just have no interest whatsoever. Facebook and smartphones in particular I just think are sad, particularly with the way in which people are glued to them nowadays.

I believe I'm not wired right, if you will, for that sort of thing. I'm much more the outdoors type. I believe (dare I say it do I even hope? I don't know) that there will come a time when the power goes out. And all the online world will then mean sweet FA- much as it already does to the other half of the world.

I'm not the crazy prepper type, but I do have buried stashes of the essentials! [Image: banana.gif]

Does anyone else think the Internet is on the verge of going too far, of becoming far more inextricably linked with ourselves than is good for our mental and physical wellbeing?

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Messages In This Thread