rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

THERE'S NO PAINLESS WAY TO KILL YOURSELF - coming back from failure

THERE'S NO PAINLESS WAY TO KILL YOURSELF - coming back from failure

Quote: (11-04-2013 01:10 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (11-04-2013 12:33 PM)d3traktion Wrote:  

Has anyone read his book Choose Yourself? A few people have recommended it to me

Yes, almost finished.

It's good. It's like a nice guy's version of a lot of stuff I and others have written.

He "gets it" but is very compassionate and has a lot of sympathy for human foibles.

THe ebook is $1.99 and if you can't afford a copy, he'll send you one for free.

Off topic but it really annoys me the way most authors/publishers price their ebooks. $10 for a physical copy, $8-$10 for the ebook? How does that make sense? The physical copy has higher overhead and can be lent, resold, etc. You can even buy it used if you're so inclined.

The ebook costs nothing to make, can't be lent more than once, and can't be resold. Also, I can get the book for free in ten seconds if I want to. It's the fucking internet.

It's the same thing with other digital media. Hell, music is even worse. Why would I pay $10 for a digital music album when I could buy the CD for the same price and just rip it to my computer? Then I still have a physical copy to do with as I please.

I appreciate the convenience but not when I'm paying the same price for something that actually holds less intrinsic value. I think they just take advantage of most people's need for instant gratification.

At $1.99, I have no reason not to buy this book.

Messages In This Thread