rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Book Study: A Guide to Rational Living

Book Study: A Guide to Rational Living

Quote: (10-11-2013 11:26 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

If you can control your thoughts, you can control your emotions. This is a great book and just like any other book out there without constant practice you'll get zero results.

People talk about "vibe" on here. Vibe is simply how you feel about yourself in the moment, this is driven by your thoughts.

Most guys will benefit the most by taking the first step "shutting off their brain" to avoid over-thinking paralysis. Once you see moderate results from a brain shut off (most people use alcohol which is simply minimizing the logical portion of the brain as it is the first part shut off when alcohol is consumed) you should read this book to begin the journey down full control of your thoughts.

Not going to happen in a few months, but is should be a life-long theme for you if you plan on improving your life.

Completely agree. It is a lifelong journey, where you can see progress and improvement until you keel over.

I envy the 20-something guys who might be reading this thread. This book and the game advice here on RVF can set you on a really exciting and fun and fulfilling life. You can't approach it half-assed though. You really need to immerse yourself into learning to habitually think rationally.

The B in REBT stands for Behavior. In other words, action. The best way to reinforce rational thinking and make it second nature, is to implement it into your behavior. You want to get over fear? Then learn to think about what currently scares you more rationally, then go out and act against your fears over and over until you conquer them and those rational thoughts get embedded deep in your core.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Take care of those titties for me.

Messages In This Thread