rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fret's Intermittent Fasting Journey

Fret's Intermittent Fasting Journey

Hello gentlemen, it's been a while since I browsed and posted on this forum. I decided to come back starting a thread on my recent journey on Intermittent Fasting.

Prior to have started IF, I read the forum's Intermittent Fasting thread and read a lot of Martin Berkhan's blog Lean Gains.

Once I've read and understood many of the concepts that were involved, I decided to make the switch. So far I've been on IF for only 1 week, but I have gained 3 pounds and feel much better.

I am making this thread to post my progress, which will be mainly reflected with pictures.

Background
Height: ~1.75m - 5'7ft
Weight when started: 145lbs
Starting Date: Monday August 19 2013

Fasting Description
My fasting is very basic and simple. I fast at least 16 hours a day and have a feeding window of 8 hours. Sometimes I fast more depending on how busy I am and what time I go to the gym.

One thing however, is that I always train in a fasted state. Having ingested 10g of BCAA prior to this workout, as outlined in the Lean Gains guide.

This is a basic schedule:
11am: Wake up (Im on vacations): I have basically fasted all night from 12am - 11am
2pm: Ingest BCAA 5 mins prior to workout. Begin my workout fasted.
4:30pm: My first meal after workout. This where I break my fast and I eat alot, carbs, protein, and healthy fats.
6:30pm: My second meal.
8:30: A possible third meal. This meal I usually don't eat anything cooked, I just eat alot of carbs like bread, bananas, and some protein like eggs, cottage cheese and peanut butter.

Here are my first pictures after 1 week of Intermittent Fasting.

[Image: PhotoAug2612849PM.jpg]

[Image: PhotoAug2613007PM.jpg]

Current Weight: ~148lbs. A roughly +3 gain.
As you can see I still have some stubborn fat in my abdominal area which I am trying to burn. I believe that after 2 months of Intermittent Fasting I will achieve some notable progress.

Some thoughts
  • My fasting sometimes exceeds the desired time (16 hours). This is because sometimes I go to the gym late for many reasons, thus I end up fasting 2 or 3 hours more than usual. This does not make me feel any weaker whatsoever, but makes me crave that 1st meal even more.
  • I weight myself as soon as I get up in a completely fasted state. I drink a cup of green tea right after that.
Feel free to comment and ask questions.

Messages In This Thread