rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Game Development Tip: BE THE FIRST TO SPEAK

Game Development Tip: BE THE FIRST TO SPEAK

Quote: (08-23-2013 11:06 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I've been trying "What do you do for fun" and girls often seem uncomfortable with it, like the "game detector" goes off.

Learning to stop asking the "what do you do for fun" question was one of my first lessons in game. There's inherently nothing wrong with it, just like there's nothing wrong with asking a girl what she does for a living.

But they shouldn't be your default questions upon meeting a girl.

Thinking about it, there are a few reasons why it's often a bad question.

1. It puts the onus on the girl to continue the conversation. She has to come up with a new conversational thread on the spot. It's asking her to make a big investment too early.

2. Most girls aren't that interesting. If a girl's idea of fun is going out drinking, going on Facebook, and texting her friends how is she supposed to answer this question?

3. It's too transparent. That's why their "game detector" goes off. A guy who asks it obviously doesn't care what the girl does for fun. The reason why Roosh's elderly openers work is because they're unusual and specific enough to be plausible.

Speaking of elderly openers, I use them on weeknights at bars when the energy is sedate and there are only a couple of attractive girls. It's weird how guys are scared to approach not just during the day, but even at 8 at night at a local dive. Last night I saw a girl who was alone and nobody approached, except for a couple of guys who tried to talk to her from like six feet away (what the hell?). So, when I approached she was immediately receptive, because obviously no girl goes alone to a bar to *not* have guys approach them. Going to try to go for the bang with her tonight.

Messages In This Thread