rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Make it in America

How to Make it in America

Ok I am GOING to make a few comments here and there..nothing discounting what you said.
I agree bit with Worldwide.
For adults having a roommate doesn't work. To be honest I don't know one guy who ever had a roommate situation that was ideal and when they are close to ideal you end up losing the roommate anyway. Ok for guys in thier early maybe mid 20's though.
Buy a home??WRONG.Buying a home to live in isn't a good investment. Almost every financial investor agrees. In some markets after the bubble(Ls Vegas,Florida) it was cheaper to own but in most 1st tier cities it is NOT.
That whole you are paying your self BS line is just that. In most charts unless you are staying in the same home about 10 years ...you will lose money.You also lose money by not having it available to invest someplace else.
Second.... on average in most areas home appreciation barely beats inflation... you can take the money and earn more in other investments.
third.... A single person will rent a small flat. If you buy you end up either in a condo with high fees or a large house with large bills. Its not like you are moving from your 1 bedroom into a 1 bedroom home.It ends up being an upgrade that costs more.

Agree put the money in 401k if you GET am match. But if you don't take the money and put it in an IRA (vanguard is best).No reason the have money in a company account , with the often high fees that go along with it. Also most 401k actually have poor investment choices.

Gym...most will disagree with me. Unless you using it to game chicks...MOST are wastes of money for most people. If your a body builder and you need every variation of free weights,etc available go ahead join. But most people stop going to the gym after a while or they take breaks.Many just waste a bit of time there.
Much more cheaper to buy a fold up bench(that has barbell support), a pull up bar, dip bar, and free weights.i have a portable dip bar that actually hooks onto my pull up bar. All the equipment I have works the major muscle groups and most compound exercises.
Bench=175
pull up bar= 20
dip bar=40
weights=200 (you can variate on this)
total=500 and will last indefinitely. But most important NO matter what the weather I work out. I also finish my workout in the time it would take me to actually walk 5 blocks to the gym and change in the locker room. Not counting the wait to use the bench press where most guys too busy to spot others.Oh yeah I can sip my protein shakes at my leisure.

Messages In This Thread