rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Poland thread

The Poland thread

I know there's been some info posted already, but my take anyway.............

It's funny.......I wasn't meant to stay in Poznan for any length of time, but I've been there twice and on both occasions I've overstayed, so it must have something going for it.

It's a city of about half a million, situated almost exactly between Berlin and Warsaw (3 hours away either way). Despite being more of a business city (because of the above) it also has a ton of students (60k - Wrocław allegedly twice this number!) which means that you won't be bored at night at least.

Where to stay

The hostel selection isn't great compared with Krakow, so if you go there before going to Poznzn you will be disappointed. It's not terrible though........
Frolic Goats – I stayed here the first time I went to Poznan, simply because it was near the market Square (Stary Rynek) and I though I could park my car outside. As hostels go it's OK, there are better in Poland, but I assume if you're staying here your priority is meeting people and a cheap bed.

Bringing girl back from the club rating – 0
Breakfast rating *1/2
Cleanliness of bathroom rating ****
Location Rating ****

Melody Hostel – I stayed here the second time I was in Poznan. The manager decided to celebrate the fact that Black people had booked in by putting Teflon Don on rotation on the reception’s stereo.
Like Frolic Goats you can't sneak girls in. Unlike Frolic Goats, reception is unmanned from 3am-4am, and they give you a key to get in..........what to do, what to do?
Also bear in mind the hostel is on the 3rd floor of the building it is on, so don't get too drunk lest you can't make it back up to your room...........

Bringing girl back from the club rating 0/***** from 3-4am
Breakfast rating *1/2
Cleanliness of bathroom rating ****
Location rating ****1/2

[Image: DSC_2838.jpg]

The view from the hostel. Pick the Disco room if you can, it's an 8-bedder but if you go off season you might get the room to yourself.

Capital Apartments I also used these guys to get an apartment for a few days, from recollection if there are two of you you could probably get a 1-bed apartment for about 100PLN per night each (£22, 25€, $36), but I'll confirm that for you later......
Bringing girl back from the club rating *****
Breakfast rating ***** if you were organised enough to go to the supermarket
Cleanliness of bathroom rating *****
Location rating ***1/2 if you are really lazy

Where to eat

Polish food sucks. There, I said it.

Having said that, I love pierogi. The best example of Pierogi in town? Pierogarnia Stary Młyn (ul. Wrocławska 18 ), go there, have your mind blown. Some funny opening hours by the way.............

If you're cooking for yourself find a branch of Alma (Stary Browar), or Piotr i Pawel (both in Stary Browar and Galeria Malta)

Where to party

Probably the part you were waiting for.............
You have a huge selection of night time spots, which you would expect in any Polish city of this size. Too many to mention, but I'll give you a few I hit up.

Note: Average beer price – 8-12 PLN
Average Vodka + mixer price – 12-16 PLN
Entry to the club – Free – 30 PLN

Terytorium (Mokra 7 ) - Looks like not much, but that's because all the action's downstairs.....It ain't the plushest place though. I did manage to get back to this girl's flat after meeting her here at 3am on a Monday night......

When to go: It's the only busy place on a Monday (Hip-Hop night, if you're Black try to distinguish yourself from the thirsty African contingent (read: leave the Karl Kani at home) and you will get results. It's OK on other nights but there will be better options........

Browar Pub/Słodownia (Półwiejska 42 – Stary Browar )
This place is awesome. One floor up from the next place I'm gonna tell you about, it's basically a bar with a DJ booth in one corner and a dance floor opposite. Larger than the average Polish night spot and not that old, the only downside being alcohol priced a little on the high side (well, non-Warsaw/Krakow high, if you get what I mean)

When to go – Probably the only busy place on a Tuesday night (Hip-Hop night again, the main difference from Terytorium being that they actually play some Polish Hip-Hop, and there are way less thirsty Africans; in fact the night I went there were only three black guys there – me, my mate and a short guy who we will refer to as Royce The 3'9”...........

SQ (Półwiejska 42 – one floor down from Browar) - the best club (music wise) outside of Warsaw, and probably in Poland. Go there if you want to hear some House.

When to go – if it's open on a Wednesday go there. Anytime there's a decent DJ go there. Some of the chicks might be a little stuck-up but if you want to hear some decent House this is your place.

Cuba Libre (Wrocławska 21 ) - a.k.a. “the place where Women go to get their taste of Chocolate” (credit: this chick I met in Browar. There's a story behind that.......)
This is THE Salsa club in Poznan. There are at least two others, but this is the only one I went to. Good times, receptive women, if you can dance Salsa come here first!

When to go – Any night, probably even busy on a Monday night...............

Czekolada (Wrocławska 18 – Opposite Frolic Goats hostel, entrance on Jaskołcza) - Nice place. Great lighting. Maybe this place should have been dubbed “the place where Women go to get their taste of Chocolate”........

When to go – Wednesday and Thursday nights are fire – Wednesday being Ladies Night.

Dragon Bar (Zamkowa 3 ) - go here to meet some slightly alternative chicks. I have to say as dingy as it is I like the vibe here.

When to go – any night really............

Other tips:
Two Decent malls you might want to check out - Stary Browar on Półwiejska, and a few km from Stary Rynek, Galeria Malta. You have a great view of the rowing lake from the food court here...........

I think that's everything.............any questions?

Messages In This Thread