rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ayahuasca: Anyone know about this concoction?

Ayahuasca: Anyone know about this concoction?

Quote: (08-08-2013 03:11 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Ayahuasca is intense. There's a reason that shamans and medicine men exist. You need a guide for this shit, someone who knows how to brew it and how to guide you on your trip. I'd say all psychedelics are like this actually.

I think as long as you have a sitter, you are ok. Nobody can really guide you at the end of the day, you have to run on your own steam, find your own way. I think a guide is often just a crutch, a way of abnegating responsibility.

And a lot of these guides/shamans, well, you are giving your power away to them, and they are quite often abusing that trust and power. If you find a good one, fantastic. But many of them are wolves in sheeps clothing.

And you can brew it yourself, you don't anyone else to do that for you.

Quote:Quote:

For ayahuasca you need to take an MAO inhibitor, which comes in many forms, some plant derived others you can get from someone with a pharmaceutical hookup.

Ayahuasca *IS* an MAO inhibitor.

Quote: (08-08-2013 09:08 PM)theoogabear Wrote:  

"Once you get the message, it's time to hang up the phone." - Alan Watts on psychedelic use for spiritual purposes.

That quote is really indicative of old school thinking about psychedelics. Alan Watts was largely only using LSD. The point is with the plant medicines is that they can really help you to realise and heal what is going on inside you. LSD and other synthetics are often much less useful when it comes to that to kind of healing work.

Messages In This Thread