rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job
0 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job
Quote: (07-27-2013 03:01 PM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

I built up my nest egg to $200K at age 32 from just working, I don't see anything wrong with good old fashioned work...

What's wrong with working on an internet business AFTER work? I wrote my first book staying up late at night after work for a couple months, and I am quickly finishing up my 2nd.

If you have a really good idea I would say then maybe take the chance, but if not don't quit your day job until you can afford it...

Good point. I've written on here about what I did, but I'll repeat it. I kept a steady job, but refused every promotion. The reason for that is they make you do a lot of work for a cursory amount of money. It's not worth it. I found a better way to accumulate savings was to keep my main job as easy as possible, then make real money freelancing. Then I learned to invest.

I think the problem a lot of people have is they want the prestige of a job title because of the influence of office politics. But unless you're in upper management, most promotions are bullshit: a title with lots of responsibility and a few extra bucks. You're better off freelancing instead.

Messages In This Thread