rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to get a job as a python (or any other language) developer

How to get a job as a python (or any other language) developer

Quote: (07-26-2013 01:54 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2013 11:21 AM)frenchcorporation Wrote:  

as for bad points, its a regular nine to five job, but the aim is to be self employed, this job is neccessary to to get to that point so Im not complaining

The company also gave me a few grand to relocate which was nice

Hey OP, I have a question. Do you think taking a regular class would be good or rather just self study to get it done faster? A beginners class is like 3.5 months long and semester is about to start.

Thanks

I prefer self study, so you can study at your own pace, wether thats faster than the regular class or slower than it

One problem with classes is that it might teach you things you dont want or need, which is a waste of time..learning it on your own with a particular goal in mind e.g. getting a job will keep your learning streamlined, a lot of regular classes are more open-ended

but id take the lesson, as long as it didnt involve any credits, so you can go there and take what you want from the classes, and ignore the rest, without worrying about failing the class

Quote: (07-26-2013 03:14 PM)ballsyamog Wrote:  

Great write up +1 how hard is it to learn and how long did the learning process take for you?

its methodical and straightforward, how difficult you'll find it depends on how quickly you can learn new ideas, so its very subjective

Messages In This Thread