rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making the Most of a Language Partner

Making the Most of a Language Partner

I just got a friend to hook me up with two Chinese girls who will help me with conversational Mandarin. I've been learning on my own for a year and half through Pimsleur, ChinesePod and Memrise, but am trying to take it to the next level through actual conversation. Probably will meet once or twice a week or so for around an hour or two.

These girls aren't professional teachers or tutors, so does anyone that's had this kind of arrangement have any tips on how to make the most of it in terms of a loose curriculum or plan of attack? I want a plan of some sort so that we don't waste a lot of time just sitting there deciding what to do.

One idea I had is to hit up Chinatown with them and try and go about my day-to-day business shopping, dining, etc. and using the girls to help correct me or teach me when I don't know the appropriate phrases.

Messages In This Thread