rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Russian way of having fun?

The Russian way of having fun?

This is a story from December 2010 on my first trip to Russia but I wanted to share it anyway.

I was in St. Petersburg in Russia to celebrate the Finnish day of Independence, it might sound a bit offending but the 6th of December is an extra day off from work which meant an extended weekend that year .There was not a single reason to stay home so I decided together with some friends to take the ferry to St. Petersburg to experience the true Russian winter…

One night we went out to check out the Russian nightlife, I had heard a lot of rumours about it so it was interesting to investigate if the rumours were true. We went to various clubs and bars and at some point we all ended up in a club called Akakao. There we could experience the true Russian spirit and it was alive and well. People were downing vodka like there was no tomorrow and the atmosphere was the best ever. They were playing the Russian national anthem and they had a big painting of Vladimir Putin on the wall. A few hours later we were all busy doing our own thing. I spent half the night messing around with a Russian girl on the dance floor. At some point we got thirsty so I decided to go to the bar to get some refreshing drinks. In front of the bar were a row of pillars and when I passed them an angry Russian showed up and pushed me hard up against one of them. He started to shout something in Russian and I couldn’t understand a single thing of what he was saying. All of sudden he flashed with a big badass knife in front of my eyes and then he pushed it against my throat. Again he started to talk something and I still couldn’t figure out what his problem was but it sounded very threatening. Then the Russian girl showed up and she started to yell at him, it didn’t help very much because the situation only got more intense after that. After that he looked me in the eyes and grabbed something from the back of his pants and then he pulled a gun! Five seconds later I had a knife against my throat and a gun pointed at my head. I thought that ok, so this is it,this is the way it’s going to end. He held his position for maybe 30 seconds and looked me in the eyes with a serious look, a true killer look. Then all of a sudden his face bursted into a smirk and one minute later he took me to the bar and offered me multiple shots of vodka. I had no idea of where my friends were and the Russian girl also disappeared so after a few shots I decided that maybe it’s time to leave…

I was a little bit surprised that no one around seemed to care very much about the whole drama except the Russian girl. The music was playing and people were dancing and drinking. Everything seemed to be completely normal. They had also metal detectors at the entrance so I have no idea how the guy got the weapons inside.
Maybe it’s just Russia.

I have no idea why he acted as he did, maybe it was his girlfriend that I messed around with.
Or was it just the Russian way of having fun?

Messages In This Thread