rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

personal training as a part-time/sideline gig?

personal training as a part-time/sideline gig?

What is your weightlifting experience and credentials? I have been very skeptical lately of just anybody becoming a fitness trainer. Maybe its my own athletic background, but unless you yourself have been a champion athlete at the highest elite levels, OR.. have coached someone to the highest levels, I probably wont give you my money.

That being said, most people are not like this. If anything, its just about getting common people moving. And moving in any way. How creative do you want to be with it? Is it calisthenics in the park, or leading a group hike, opening a premium gym in the city, or just putting some equipment in your garage and coaching your neighbors(the earliest and most successful crossfit gyms started this way). Shit, playing kickball is hard for most people.

I see a major lack of understanding and limited knowledge of weightlifting in gyms all over the US. I work out at Equinox and the trainers there mostly dont know about it. Its gaining in popularity, so if you got a good certification, or a few, and went to them and said, I want to teach people how to squat and DL, you would probably get to the top of the resume list, but most of them have degrees in sports, etc.

So what I am saying is the most successful people at this have a niche, and are creative. Whats the difference with using you? What have you thought up thats fun and challenging? What kind of brand do you want to be? Have you written anything, learned anything from a team sport, have a unique sport/training experience to share? If you dont have these expensive credentials you have to be creative and create a rabid following of clients who love you.

Messages In This Thread