rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazil business idea brainstorm

Brazil business idea brainstorm

You like that idea?

Try following this stack:

1. Walk into a restaurant/bar during their slower hours and order something cheap

2. Request to speak to the owner/manager - since you are a paying customer they will be obliged to come out and speak with you. Moreover, they will be approaching you from a frame of deference because you are a client. It's like the opposite of a cold call.

3. Instead of outright pitching the guy, tell him something along the lines of this:

-I love your restaurant and I wanted to tweet and facebook out the location and that I really loved the food here - but because your website is not mobile optimized I am unable to give you free marketing to my 800 facebook friends and 2000 twitter followers.

-Moreover, people who might be looking for you online might be having a hard time navigating your site (if you even have one) and might just close the site out of impatience.

-Here, please take a look at a successfully mobile optimized site (contrast a mobile optimized website to this guy's website and bemoan the fact that he's losing opportunities for free/viral word of mouth marketing)

-Tell him that you happen to run an American/European design company and that you can help him to optimize his mobile presence as well as preparing for the hordes of tourists that are going to be coming through to Brazil in 2014 - you can literally PUT HIM ON THE MAP (google maps)

-If/when you close the deal, coordinate with the fiverr provider to get the specs/content needed for the site - then launch!

-Collect a 20-30% deposit up front. This way you can cover the $25 development cost for the fiverr provider while also pocketing a little cash and making it look like you have a "no brainer" low risk deal going on.

--------------

Do you live in SP/Rio/Belo?

Can you do this approach 10 times a week? You definitely are eating out at least 10 times a week. You are probably cold approaching at least 10 women a week and usually women cost you money instead of making you money.

If you close at a 10% success rate then you're pocketing $450 USD a week - or $1800 bucks a month.

The worst thing that will happen is that you get a lot of experience in sales, get first hand experience with Brazilian business culture, and learn about mobile websites and outsourcing.

------

This arbitrage model is replicable in any emerging market anywhere in the world. You'd be surprised at how horrible the design services are outside of North America - even in developed economies like Australia and Singapore.

------

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

-----

Messages In This Thread