rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On my way to Tokyo today...

On my way to Tokyo today...

Tokyo is amazing, and as you now know recommendations are almost pointless due to the sheer expanse of the city. You'll run into good stuff just through random (yet exhausting) exploration. I took a bunch of business cards form places that I enjoyed, but don't know where they are now, unfortunately. This was four years ago. After I did the obvious districts such as Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Harajuku, would just get off at random subway stops and walk round during the day, stopping in at random restaurants and bars at night (had a lot of luck in the less touristy east-central end of the city). Had a lot of fun that way, and found a lot of out of the way places that I never otherwise would have. To people that haven't been there, its hard to describe the overwhelming enormity of the place and therefore why this random strategy might work.

Tokyo girls are looking for excitement. I also know that knowledge Japanese etiquette helps immensely in ingratiating oneself with the denizens. You know all of this by now.

I'm extremely jealous, and can't wait to get back. Although, i think I'll do Osaka or maybe even somewhere smaller next time. I'm a city boy, and places akin to NYC are no problem for me. But Tokyo was overwhelming even for me. Loved it, though. The mix of old and modern Japan is like magic to me. Have fun man.

If you can hook up with ANY Japanese that will act as your defacto welcoming guides, your experience will be amplified tenfold, I think. Even consider a couchsurf, just to meet people.

Messages In This Thread