rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you have a job/career you love?

Do you have a job/career you love?

Like my job WHEN I get good, meaty, well-paying, purposeful projects (Im freelance). It's been too long since the last one.

The problem with being freelance is you really create your own quality of experience... but there's a time lag. So if you're scrambling and you take some low paying or dull jobs, then you've just commited the next two weeks of your life to having mind-numbing days AND not having money after that. And then you feel the pressure to scramble and take anything again. It could go on indefinitely.

It's kind of a leap of faith to set your standards, turn work down, and purposefully target only the great clients and projects - it means you pass up the lesser-paid and dull work that falls into your lap - but Im thinking that actually that's the only way to make this sustainable long term. Otherwise it's just a series of shit jobs that are barely enough to pay the bills.

So I guess freelance success and happiness = leaps of faith, and not settling for less than your target projects and income. When it's been like that though, it's been great. And the freedom (time and location) is really so nice.

Messages In This Thread