rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Basic Principles of Eye Contact

Basic Principles of Eye Contact

So I've read the existing threads here and several of the blogs (mostly CH) about eye contact and this seems like the best place to start learning the basics of male/femail interaction. I still have questions, though. Bear with me if this is kindergarten stuff...I'm here to learn.

I get that the general principle is that when speaking to a girl you don't break eye contact first, and if you do, you break it to the side. Question: If I understand correctly, you should maintain eye contact while speaking to her but then look off into space slightly disinterested when she speaks to you?

I've been experimenting with this when I'm out and about on everyday errands etc., but not clubs or anything like that et.

At least here is what I've observed so far: You do have to break off eye contact at some time or it can become too intense (?) and probably creepy. For instance this first time I tried this the interaction was friendly with us both smiling and then the (rather young) cute girl looked down, maybe blushed a bit. But because I didn't break eye contact when she looked up she had to look down again and then I could see she was upset so obviously this had made her uncomfortable. Whoops. Nevertheless I did enjoy it because it was like discovering a new power I didn't know about. Lesson learned.

Generally I've noticed that the less physically attractive girl is the quicker she will look away. So it's obviously an indicator of confidence or how much male attention she's used to. I wasn't prepared for it at first but some girls will actually try to stare you down when you do this. I got caught off guard the first time doing this speaking to a girl of above average attractiveness (but a slightly slutty vibe (too much makeup), early 20's I'd guess) and lost my train of though while speaking (mumbling "...ughhh" in mid sentence) and I looked away as I just wasn't expecting such a long staring contest.

It seems like some girls stare back in a challenging way and others actually enjoy being "stared into." Like they are just opening themselves to it (and enjoying it) once it happens. But learned this - no matter what DO NOT break eye contact first. If you hold steadfast they will eventually bend to your greater willpower and look away. Sometimes it takes longer than you expect, though.

Am I on the right track?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Messages In This Thread