rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Coworkers think I should act less formal - WTF

Coworkers think I should act less formal - WTF

Quote: (04-17-2013 03:58 AM)Lemmo Wrote:  

1. Don't trust anyone at the office until you have reason to do so.
2. Don't assume anyone at the office is a friend unless they've behaved as such for a few years. I've found it is less stressful to keep my social life and work life separate. I have good long time friends from work anyway but this was accidental and they generally weren't people I was actually working closely with on a day-to-day basis.

I totally agree with keeping things separate. It is pitiful to me that some guys fish for approval from others by showing pictures of girls they are "expecting to go out with" on their smartphones.

Quote: (04-17-2013 03:58 AM)Lemmo Wrote:  

This guy just sounds like he is full of himself and trying to convey he is the big swinging dick of the group. Most likely, he'll mention in his self-assessment that he took the newbie under his wing. No need to be confrontational but in your mind you can dismiss it and move on. Just make sure your own behavior is within the bounds of what is expected at the office (which is different from becoming his obedient little pet).

This is solid.

Messages In This Thread