rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin: watch your back, fellas

Medellin: watch your back, fellas

So last night I had two cabbies try to scam me, and one I think angling to rob me. I was meeting a chick at La Strada in Oviedo. I clearly and carefully told him "OVIEDO" and "La Strada" which anyone within a 50 mile radius is familiar with, especially cab drivers. The first guy was a fat little toad. He played like he was lost around oviedo and kept doing circles around a neighborhood, acting like he didn't know what I was saying. My spanish is alright and what I do know is pronounced accurately (per the locals compliments)....

So I jump out of the little toads car at a light. The fee is up to 9.900 so i toss him a 10 mil note and slam his taxi door as hard as I can.

I start to walk on foot for a few blocks when I flag taxi #2. Only this time I pull out my blackberry with the translator program on it. I typed in "I would like to go to Oviedo, La Strada Plaza". I put the translated message in his face so there was no confusion. He nods and starts driving. But wait! all of a sudden home boy doubles back and gets on the highway and starts speeding.

I have been to Medellin 6 times now and i'm getting familiar with the place. This guy was clearly leading me away from oviedo and into an industrial type area. I said "AMIGO.....NO ES OVIEDO"'

Then he said "San Diego"?

I punched his dash and said MOTHERFUCKER you will take me to oviedo now or i will eat your fucking cab and beat you to death! OVIEDO! so cabbie jumps on his phone and pulls into a residential neighborhood. I tell him "no telefono, amigo" and motion for him to hang up.

He looks over at me (I'm far larger and younger than him) and he knows I mean business. I tell him. OVIEDO.

Magically, he remembers where it is. I have him drop me off by the hard rock in oviedo. HIs bill is 10,500 or so. I tell him "amigo, you went in circles" and threw 5,000 cop at him and slammed his door hard enough that the security guard started marching over. I hoof it the 6 blocks to la strada where I met up with yet another gold digging colombian cunt, which has been a reoccuring them this trip. Flakey girls, dishonest people, and thieves. Everyone here has an angle or a scam..

Now, had I been drunk or in bad shape I would have been at this guy's mercy and this story would probably look very different. This trip I must tell you I don't think medellin is a safe place. watch your ass in these taxi's!!!

There are also a LOT more stories floating around about gringos and colombian men getting drugged and literally stripped of everything including underwear, socks, laptops, watches, anything they can steal. Again, NOT an honest place and I will be looking for another destination to spend my time after this trip.

As an aside, I am looking for a wing. if any of you are in medellin I make quite a good wing...pm me

Messages In This Thread