rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Skydivers

Skydivers

Any serious skydivers here?

I'm doing my first jump in 2 weeks. I'm not particularly apprehensive about it, but I have a few questions.

There are two options for my first jump

Tandem: no explaination needed 12,500ft with the mountains framing the background as I drop for about 40 seconds. Pretty sweet.

Solo first jump: You get a 5 hour intensive pre-training that allows you to jump on your own and freefall at 4000ft and YOU pull the cord. I think its only for about 5 seconds. There will be a pro falling with you and radio in your ear giving instructions.

Now: There is a progressive freefall program that is 5 levels. You can only take this course if you have taken the Solo first jump. Taking these levels allows me to be nationally certified and jump on my own all the time.

All in the total cost is about $1500 after which its only $35 each ride up for future jumps. Plus gear. $65 to rent of about $2000 to buy all gear.

Anyone certified? Any comments or thoughts?

Is it worth it?

I don't want to waste money on the tandem and them have to take the solo first jump to start the profgressive free fall. That's an extra cost of course, I don't know if I'll like it until I try it.

Messages In This Thread