rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

colombia in march, need help on my list

colombia in march, need help on my list

i'd love to hear more about bogota, i keep waffling back and forth on how much i'm going to be there. here are my reasons in favor of going to bogota-

weather- i know everyone says it's cold, but that's a relative term. i'm in new f'ing england. as i look at the high temperatures for the next week between bogota and medellin, there's only a net difference of ten degrees for the next six days. now, i know that doesn't take into consideration the temperature drop when the sun goes down, but by comparison this isn't bad. to me, 40 degrees at night isn't cold, 0 degrees is. that's a personal thing though & i'm just saying it's not enough to scare me off

spanish- i speak limited, sometimes passable spanish, but i definitely have to sharpen up. from what i read, english is more common here and may help me ease the transition into fluent. i know that's a crutch for an english speaker but i'm conscious of it and truly will work on this

online- i've had a lot of good luck in bogota. better luck then other cities. probably partially due to size but if medellin is a little saturated with gringos then this makes some sense. the talk track of going there to visit first, check out the country, and then pick a place to move there seems pretty solid. this may be a complete aberration so i'd welcome all naysayers.

budget- i have some duckets to spread around but i want to make it last. my thinking is that clear cut variance in the six levels of the city will help to this end- i.e. lunch (daytime only) in a lower level to save some money, check out more of this monstrous city, follow by

nightlife- one of the things that draws me to colombia is that, unlike the states where you need to travel good distances south or west, in colombie climate seems to be dictated more by elevation then geography. why not get my altitude sickness out of the way, check out the better nightlife mid-week and then jet someplace warm for the weekends if it's too 'cold'

anyhow, that's my bogota thinking- i embrace constructive criticish though.

also, if any of you have comments on whether you think my list from above is relatively complete would be much appreciated.

thanks again everyone.

Messages In This Thread