rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

colombia in march, need help on my list

colombia in march, need help on my list

I think the relative merits of Bogota is a good discussion topic, especially since everyone disses it all the time. I think it depends on your personality and what exactly you are looking for. I have lived here for two years now, and while I can't argue against its nastiness, pollution, traffic, and cold weather, Bogota definitely has things that other Colombian cities don't.

First of all the place is huge. There is an endless amount of people to meet, neighborhoods to see, clubs to go to, restaurants to eat at, etc. I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of this place. There is an endless amount of cool stuff going on, concerts, museum exhibits, ethnic food that doesn't taste terrible, and good pubs and bars too. The weather is a lot like San Francisco, and while I would like to be able to swim outside once in a while, good tropical weather is only an hour or two away when the mood strikes. On the plus side, I don't sweat that much walking around.

I am curious to hear more opinions against Bogota. Is it the girls? I think they are as hot as anywhere else, and generally are more intelligent and have better taste than girls in other parts of Colombia, which is to say, they don't mind doing something besides going to the crossover music club.

Walking around this city, it always feels like the more like the crumbling 1970s New York I wanted to live in as opposed to the Sex and the City mallscape it turned into by the time I was an adult. I have been all around Colombia, and while I think I would like living in Medellin or Barranquilla as well, Bogota's mix of culture, smart pretty girls, and the variety of things to do here make it a nice place to live, at least for me.

Messages In This Thread