rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Happiness with a 3

Happiness with a 3

I have a group of friends that looks like the big bang theory. They are engineers building airplanes or computer programmers. They are über geeks. In the past I played role playing games with them a few times. The difference with the Big Bang Theory is that they all have girls. One of them met his girl on World of Warcraft, four years ago (no joke). The other one explained to me his strategy for online dating : he creates a profile on a dating site. Then he waits for girls to contact him. He says he got 2 girlfriends with this strategy.

You could say these guys have below zero game. But in a way, they are happy geeks. I don’t see them being upset about it. They embrace their geekiness and seem comfortable in their own skin.

They seem happy in their relationships too. Now their girls look terrible. One is a whale, the other has a crooked nose and looks a bit like a witch, other is chubby with a very average face. An Italian friend showed me a while back that there is no shame in doing a chubby monster once in a while, if it’s for a ONS abroad with no witnesses. However, I would never think of starting a relationship with one. My pride forbids me.

But, when I see these guys once every six months, part of me respects them for being able to let go of superficial qualities and just being happy in their relationship, with girls that will happily play their video games with them. This is happiness with a 3.

Messages In This Thread