rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Romania

Romania

Quote: (02-28-2013 09:00 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

This "ranking by ease of country" seems solely based on economics, no?

I guess that forms a part, if not even the greater part of it. However, it isn't as simple as that. It is a blend of economics, national history, reputation, skin colour (in some cases olive is good, in others it is bad) etc etc.
It has much to do with other things too, like scarcity, tendency. For want of a kinder term, it amounts to no less than an EU respectability league table. To complicate matters, it is, to a degree, relative to each country.

If it were just about economics, well, let me share an example. A German woman will almost always be richer than a Greek woman, but because of a number of things, for a guy (western Eurpean, middle class minimum), there is more prestige associated to be with a hot middle class Greek girl than an 'equivalent' German. These 'things' that make it so, in the European mindset, are connected with antiquity as much as current day reality. The guy will gain value by being with the Greek girl whilst gain very little, if anything, by being with the German one. 

At the other end of this, unfortunately and unfairly, are Romanians. I must stress that it isn't fair. I don't want any Romanians on this forum being angry with me because I am completely aware that what I am saying is altogether unkind. Reality and kindness, however, are not always bedfellows. It is a fine country that has been on the wrong side of dictators, ideology and migration. These things, over time, have moved Romania down the rankings. You might be a standard middle class French businessman who marries an upper middle class beautiful 9/10 Romanian woman. She might have been a virgin (who wasn't?), a humanities graduate and fluent in six languages. Were you ever to parade her around she would catch everybody and anybody's eye, with enough grace to make Anouk Aimee appear uncouth and autistic. The epitome of wonder. Regardless, people would still see it as her marrying up and the Frenchman having in some way 'bought' her. That isn't simply economics. That is a consequence of a million things that might best, although still insufficiently, be described as a meme.

If only one person were to think this, you might say it is individual prejudice. That wouldn't be the case. I am of the opinion anybody he ever encountered, be they French, Spanish, Italian, German, British, Swedish, whatever, all of them would always think she had been bought. Romanians are known as the easiest. Separating the myth from the reality isn't an easy task. The idea pervades at deep levels. For example, there is a newspaper in England considered the voice of the liberal middle class. The Guardian. Sure, it is sensationalist and full of shit, just like the rest, however, it feeds the minds of those considered the most freethinking in England. Last month it ran a headline, or a sub-headline, about the possibility of half a million Romanian and Bulgarian migrants coming to the UK to work. The tone of the article was that the Romanians would be happy doing the menial tasks here that other groups, like the native British, would not. Furthermore, there was insinuation, perhaps not in the main article (perhaps on a 'comment is free' piece), that the other nationalities in the UK, who had, by enlarge, migrated several years earlier – like the Polish – were now slowly assimilating themselves into the slightly higher parts of the economic food chain that just a few years earlier were too far beyond them. Without really intending to, yet through thoroughly sensible outward logic, the article generates the idea that out of the mentioned nationalities the British were the highest, the Polish next and then the Romanians and Bulgarians. If a liberal, appealing to academic type, newspaper is alluding to this, you might just imagine what type of stuff is aimed at the minds of the other papers..... this happens across Europe. In Italy, if you want to win 40/50% of the electorate, just insinuate that the problem is Tunisian, Albanian and Romanian migrants. About the half country will agree with you. The pervading idea here is that Romanians are beneath the rest. Romanians, consequently, feel that wherever they go. They have (excuse the general pronoun) developed an inferiority complex from this. As a western European, or American, approaching Romanian girls you will find they are almost always (why speak in absolutes?) going to be open to you. Don't play it wrong and they are yours. It is like 2nd tier Poland, only even a little easier. Ok, let me rephrase. Nothing is 'easy'. This isn't sambah saravah and the girl falls in love. Life isn't like that and well, even Bazarov couldn't close, but, in terms of approaching, and having the opportunity to approach a plethora, of 7's and 8's and having a good chance of success, i really can't think of anywhere easier for some types of western Europeans.

Multiply such small things here and there (like the newspaper story or the Italian political discourse) by a million, working at a deep rooted institutional level, and apply them to each nation and to each nationality in Europe. You know, small anecdotes here and there that make newspaper cuttings, soap opera sub plots and received wisdom (young English girl coerced into marriage by Greek hotel owner vs young English girl charmed off her feet by Italian lover in an English paper vs young Polish girl danced off her feet by Spanish charmer in Granada vs young Polish girl takes the secure safe life offered by English middle management worker) and then extrapolate all these things way above and beyond, and you end up, by the age of early consciousness, forming a type of ranking of who is who, and which is which, by nationality. 
And, believe me, however unfair it is, in the western European mind, the Romanian is at the lowest end. Belarus, so infrequently does somebody encounter a woman from there, despite everything that suggests desperation, has a slight slight semblance of exotic appeal. Even Bulgarians are somehow elevated above, in some sense, by the idea of their Orthodox Church. Romanians are seen as the easiest and considered the lowest. They are open to foreigners, very open in fact, and they are very submissive.

Messages In This Thread