rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cuernavaca, México data sheet

Cuernavaca, México data sheet

Alright, so I studied a semester in Cuernavaca, México, which is about 1.5 hours south of México city. At the time I wasn't a gamer but I'll give you the scoop on it.

Cuernavaca has weather comprable to Medellín, Colombia. Both are actually called ''the city of eternal spring''. Parrots and hummingbirds aren't rare, trees with edible fruit grow randomly etc.

The city itself at one point was the capital of México back in the day, and many rich Mexicans from Mexico City have vacation homes there. Others have permanently relocated there, giving the city an ample upper-class injection of VERY hot women. It's interesting cause there are tons of normal looking girls and tons of gorgeous women. I would say that they have an abnormally low number of 6's and 7's, with more girls either being totally plain or very nice.

The city, as is the case throughout Mexico, is focused around it's Zócalo (center). The center is always full of people, lots of kids skateboarding and doing circus stuff, mariachis, hippies selling stuff etc.

Around the Zócalo there are a number of bars, the principal one is Los Arcos, which is set up as a restaurant with a large outdoor section. It is a restaurant until everyone just starts drinking. They play live salsa music every night, and people dance outside of it and inside between the tables. But the area is full of bars, from sit-down places to salsa clubs to regular bump-n-grind type deals. Just have a good walk around and get acquainted with it, as what's hot and what's not has definitely changed since I was there.

Further, there are some bigger clubs, carlos & charly's being the main one, to just bump and grind. El Bull is a popular sit-down bar outside of the Zócalo scene with $2.50 liters of beer (with ice cubes in it, of course).

If you haven't been to México, understand that beer there is different. They put ice cubes in it standard. That's if they're not making micheladas or whatever other kinda crap they like. I dunno, I was just about regular beer, not trying to have any cinnamon candy, tabasco, worcestershire, or salt in mine, but lots of people are all about it.

The food in this town is great. Just fantastic. Las Mañanitas is a very classy restaurant with parrots and peacocks running around the joint. The best steak I've ever had, delicious balsamic and smoked salmon bruschetta, and a lovely dining environment.

Tacos and gringas, on the other end of the spectrum, are also fucking amazing. You can get good capuccinos for about a dollar, 3 nice tacos al pastor for $3, and a liter of beer for $3. Nothing to complain about at all.

I honestly can't wait to go back to this town. I feel like I have such unfinished business there.

Like any Latin American city, don't be an idiot. Walk around on lonely streets at 3am and you'll get robbed. Just take a taxi back to wherever you're going and you'll be fine. A 5 minute ride should cost 20 pesos. A 20 minute ride should cost like 35. At night prices go up, but try not to pay more than 5 or 10 pesos more than usual. All taxi fares are negotiated with the driver.

Girls below are mostly from the University I attended. They actually had a beauty contest among the students.

Messages In This Thread