rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Revealing Book Review about Women and Their Friendships

Revealing Book Review about Women and Their Friendships

I've been thinking about the concept of "friendship"/"love" for awhile now (as I'm sure most of you at some point have as well), and at some level you have to admit there is, at least subconsciously, an expectation that a friendship/relationship is going to yield some kind of net positive on your end.

In fact, on this very forum, I have heard relentlessly how one should stop hanging out with their "beta" friends and instead they should associate with their more "alpha" counterparts to hit the bars with so that their game/personal development/masculinity (mindset) is not significantly hindered. Is that sort of behavior NOT selfish?

Furthermore, if there is a friendship/relationship that yields a negative result on your end, then what is the logic of pursuing that further?

I am thinking that maybe what we call "loyalty" is actually a male's propensity to remain optimistic by finding/creating value where there is little to none. Even in the worst of times with a true friend, is there not an expectation of a long term positive association with them? (ex...my boys will always have my back?) At first this mindset may seem devoid of reason, but perhaps it is just a high-risk behavior, more predominately exhibited by men.

Relevant quote by Seneca, "If you consider any man a friend whom you do not trust as you trust yourself, you are mightily mistaken and you do not sufficiently understand what true friendship means." --from Letters from a Stoic

Criticism welcomed...would love to hear some more opinions.

"Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls." - Revelations 21:4

Messages In This Thread