rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arnold Schwarzenegger - A true legend!

Arnold Schwarzenegger - A true legend!

Quote: (01-05-2013 04:47 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2013 04:30 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Arnie is a smart guy. Here he is discussing his political philosophy:

Thanks for that video, its very interesting actually because in his book he basically describes Friedman as his hero in terms of economic and policy issues. I can't really comment because I'm not really a maths kind of guy, I'm more into English and verbal subjects, but I definitely know I am more right-wing economically than left. The only thing I disagree with Arnold and other right-wing people on is healthcare. The universal system, as we have in Britain is OK, sure, but has big drawbacks. I advocate a combination system of both private and public as they have in France, I think Germany and Singapore too, a country that gets consistently ranked as the best country in the world for healthcare.

After watching the video, my reply would be identical to something I read at Mark Manson's post-masculine blog today:

"If you’re extremely talented or intelligent, the US is probably the best place in the world to live. The system is stacked heavily to allow people of talent and advantage to rise to the top quickly.

The problem with the US is that everyone thinks they are of talent and advantage. As John Steinbeck famously said, the problem with poor Americans is that “they don’t believe they’re poor, but rather temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” It’s this culture of self-delusion that allows America to continue to innovate and churn out new industry more than anyone else in the world. But this shared delusion also unfortunately keeps perpetuating large social inequalities and the quality of life for the average citizen lower than most other developed countries. It’s the price we pay to maintain our growth and economic dominance."

Messages In This Thread